Thursday, January 23, 2014

Inner Artist Guardian

Life Book 2014 classes are underway and I've just completed my first lesson! The lesson was taught by Tamara Laporte and included a warm up page, a meditation, and the creation of our Inner Artist Guardian.

The warm up lesson...paint dripping, splattering, collage, stenciling, and doodling!
I used the quote, "And the day came when the
risk to remain in a tight bud was more painful than the risk it took to
blossom." Anais Nin
Beginning sketch...with many, many attempts at the eyes! 
Next, a little color to the face...I love her already!
Adding collage papers at random places on the page...I used an old book and
old hymnal for the papers.
More color...Neocolor II (my favorites!) I learned
about them in LB 2013.

The completed journal page.
Part of the lesson involved choosing a word for the year. I really thought about this, as several words came to mind. I kept coming back to the word, "peace." I often struggle with worry and anxiety and realize this is something I'd like to overcome. 




3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. It is so much fun sharing, learning from others and making new friends in the world! I know what you mean by worrying. It is definitely a sleep stealer! I am also experimenting with multi-media and will be taking an on-line course at the end of February by Kelly Rae Roberts. My goals is to be able to paint faces and not have them looking like piggy pink.

    The colours in your piece are very attractive and you did a splendid job of painting the face, the colours look great. She looks at peace! I hope peace comes to you...I know that blogging seems to help with alleviating worry.
    Greetings from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renee! Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them. :)

      I really wanted to take the Kelly Rae Roberts class, but felt like I had too many other things going on right now. It is definitely on my list to take one day! I have her book, Taking Flight, which is amazing! Her art is part of the reason I started playing around with mixed media techniques in the first place. I love it!

      I started with online classes about a year and a half ago....with a Flora Bowley online class. (incredible!) Last year I signed up for Life Book 2013 and learned so much that I decided to take it again.

      I actually have another blog that I've been posting on for awhile...www.makingprintsok.blogspot.com. I decided to created a separate blog to document my mixed media journey. Hopefully I will be able to manage both of them!! ;P

      Delete
  2. Beautiful girl! Love the red hair and she is so serene.

    ReplyDelete